Sigma Guitars DMC-15E
Submitted: September 1st, 2017
by Borff
Mellow, mellow mahogany - bone nut and saddle, and built using C. F. Martin's 15 series recipe, all adds up to an amazing sounding dreadnought for not much cash (¬£360 for mine at 2017 prices).  The web has plenty of history to explain the Martin link with Sigma, but this brown wonder is very hard to put down.  Solid mahogany top delivers a bit more direct mids, but the dread body keeps the bass present.  A big surprise is the Fishman ISYS pick up which has no piezo quack - seriously the best under saddle set up I've ever played - strummed or picked.  I was going to look into Fishman Aura before buying this guitar, but no need with the ISYS.  Wasn't expecting that.
Feels solidly built, action comfortable right out of the box.  Bone nut and saddle saves on having to upgrade, as do the Grover tuners.  Amazing sounding pick up too!  A well executed example of a mahogany topped dread in the style of a Martin DC-15ME, but for less than a quarter of the price.  Looking ahead we'll see how the satin finish holds up, but this thing's simplicity of design inspires faith.
3 weeks in and still can't get my head around how great this instrument is for the money.  Having A/B'd it with my son's Martin it's a lot closer in sound to the real thing than the price tag suggests.  Wouldn't hesitate to look at other Sigma products based on my DMC-15E.
General Comments
Surprisingly good.  Great build, great to play, delivers acoustically and plugged in which I've never had from an electro-acoustic before.
No a gigging muso - just a guitar fan