roland XP-30
Submitted: February 2nd, 2003
by robinkle
I must say that, there are many sounds. Greek Power is one of the most wonderfull patch, I've ever heard. And that's it. All the other patches are semi rated. It helped to oppgrade mine with Vintage synth. And I'm very happy with it. This synth is good for Rock Classical and Dance. The sound's would be great to a 80's Pop music style music. You can make good music with this thing.
I'm using a Midisport Midi interface 4x4 box. When I start the computer with the XP-30 turned on and connected, it hangs. I have to reboot the synth. Otherwise, no problemo.
General Comments
If I've lost it. I would buy a VA synth like, Novation Supernova II, Access Virus, Clavia Nord Lead, Waldorf. The roland was worth the money. Much for less. I've played it for a year. I own midi interface 4x4 box, a home built computer with lot's of softsynths and I't goes well with the XP-30. I love the sound, I hate to use it. I choose this synth because it was cheap, looked great, and got alot of sounds. I wish it had alot more buttons instead of fiew with many functions.