Peavy 6505MH
Submitted: February 28th, 2018
by SRPartridge
Im playing a 1984 BC Rich handmade Mockingbird with Seymour Duncan SH14 bridge and  SH2 jazz in the neck, a MiM strat with Seymour loaded YJM pickguard and a Les Paul studio with a Seymour SH6 in the neck and a SH8 Invader in the bridge and into a Carvin 2X12. With all but the bridge pickup on the last, this amp screams! The Invader, for some reason, just goes to mud in anything but standard tuning, but I need to try fiddling with it more maybe, to find its sweet spot. REALLY Exquisite highs and feedback from all of them. In the 20 watt mode, this sucker makes your ears ring, but you just can't help playing more! Awesome chainsaw 80's JCM800 tones without the cost or the weight. The only downside is you need to forget thinking about any kind of clean tone at volume. It just aint meant to be Jefe'. If you can hear it, it has some grit on it. In fact, this thing has so much extra grit, you may never even need to the lead channel. Yes, it has that much breakup, and its a gorgeous tone all the same. I love this thing sans pedals.
About 20 hours of play time into it at this point and it just keeps sounding better. No issues to report.
I picked this up, used, with all the cables and switches still tied up and sealed in the original plastic, for $345.00 off of Craigslist.
General Comments
Definitely fits a genre' with gusto. That genre' being Hard-rock-Metal. You can try to sound like 70's rock if you want, but you wont. This amp wont do clean. She's a dirty girl.
I've been playing rock and metal since the 80's on a multitude of set-ups. I just had Neal Moser rebuild my Mockingbird from the ground up, including paint by Dan Lawrence, and that was the best guitar money I have ever spent in my life! Combined with this amp, it's like drugs made of sound!