Peavey T-60
Submitted: April 15th, 2007
by timewarpbandman
AAAhh the sound! Because of the materials, there combination, various switches, unique circuitry changing the pickup sound from thin single coil to thick humbucker tones, with countless variations in between, this guitar wins hands down with its multi voice. I have other quality guitars to compare with the T 60. I would categorize the quiet tone as bright, long sustain, can get sparkly, rich,growly in full humbucker mode, makes my solid state amp sound more like a tube amp. It is strung with .10's so it allows string bends easily. It is a heavy guitar, but I can hack it.
I have played this outside and inside, smoky, high humidity, subjected to very hot and freezing temps while stored in the van, etc. It is built to withstand the rigors of gigging. Natural finish is very durable. I rotate five guitars for my jobs. I take two guitars, subject to my mood, type of situation. The T 60 is able to handle any type of venue, and music choice. Replaced strap buttons with strap locks for added peace of mind. Never have gone to a paying gig without a backup guitar. About once every four or so gigs, I break a string. With a backup guitar, I switch, without a backup, you would have to stop and replace the string. The audience becomes impatient.
General Comments
Learned to play in 1963. I have had a variety of amps, guitars. I now regularly rotate a Heritage Prospect semi hollow, Gibson Les Paul Jr Lite, Robin Artisan, Fender 52 reissue Telecaster, and the Peavey T60. Amps are a Roland JC 120 and Carvin SX 300. Sometimes interject a Line Six Pod 2.0 between the guitar and amp. I really like the sonic tones, unique pickup circuitry, heavy duty construction, low price and American inginuity/construction. This guitar is fun fun fun to play with quick action to boot. I play classic rock and the blues, which are no problem for the T 60.