Peavey Horizon II
Submitted: January 8th, 2008
by timewarpbandman
Covers the gamut of rich full humbuckers to bright strat sounds and everything in between. This guitar can play country, classic rock, jazz and probably grunge, whcih is not my bag. Using guitar with a Carvin SX300 amp, Roland JC120 amp and a recently acquired Peavey Backstage Plus amp. Will feedback if you stand in front and close to amp, but that is bad music style to do so. Some might complain of the weight, but no sweat to me. Dense wood=good tone.
Peavey makes very good instruments. Compared to Fender, Gibson and others, Peavey is definately in the race. I am planning to use it in an upcoming gig. If the brand holds true, there should be no problem as I have put it through its paces in my home getting ready. Very well built.
General Comments
I have been playing since the mid 1960's. I can and have played oldies up to modern rock. I always keep my eyes open for Peavey stuff as they are very good value. I also own a Peavey T60(a consistent stage guitar with awesome tones), owned a Peavey Bandit amp, now also own a Peavey Backstage Plus amp. I am not a music snob. What drive me is tone, reliability, value for money spent, playability, looks and USA made products. Peavey fills the bill. I also own other guitars and amps, which I rotate regularly to get their playing time in the band I have been in since 1991. This Horizon II has better tone and playability than a Gibson I own! These are uncommon, but can compete with many high priced guitars. If you seen one, it is a worthwhile purchase.