Peavey Bandit 112 Teal Stripe
Submitted: July 7th, 2018
by Beloved70
To compare... played an Orange Crush Pro 60, which is close to a Rockerverb. The Bandit is as good as the Orange.  Different sound though and the Bandit is an amp I find really easy to get on with. The clean sound has a wide range from warm to bright Fender type, and the Lead chanel has a great set of controls where the 3 band EQ can cut or boost rather than just cut. Excellent spring reverb and a mid shift which changes the mid freq.  Unlike a lot of similar combos I've played over the last 30 years, the Bandit doesn't have a voice I have to wrestle with. The Scorpion speaker is every bit as good as my old ElectroVoice and my preference over the Sheffield for live. Its seriously confident and has a sweet tone. I play this either on its own or in stereo with my Fender Stage 185. At small gigs I simply turn up the reverb until the amp seems to fill the room and I'm set. Anyone wanting play at home, I'd say go for a smaller Peavey as this is really a gigging amp and needs to have that speaker pushing some air. But for small to medium giggs -  perfect!
30 year old and as good as new. If you find one without the footswitch, Peavey still make it, as well as all the hardware if you find any of the corners or handle is damaged.
Got mine for £60. I would happily pay 3 times that. Even new prices are worth it. Haven't played anything better at the same price.
General Comments
Lots of comparisons for the Bandits out there. All I can say is, just get one in good condition and have a blast for very little money.
Recording and gigging guitarist with 30 years experience.