Novation Supernova II
Submitted: October 31st, 2007
by Simon Kokkinn
The keyboard is fab in my opinion! I love the feel and expressiveness of it an use it as my main midi controller. I'm not a fan of the presets, but I do really value the sounds I'm able to create with it. I would say that it has a unique sound, it definitely doesn't have the agressive edge that the virus has, but it sits very nicely in the mix and compliments the virus beautifully. I use this synth for Dance music, and I would recommend it to any dance producer! Of you don't fancy the sound of it, then it makes the most beautiful control surface for your soft synths. All wonderfully laid out in and easy to manipulate kinda way.
Yes, I've used it at gigs without a backup and have never had a problem with it.
General Comments
I could not love a human baby as much as I love this synth. And being in Africa, if it is stolen, I would not be able to replace it. I'd replace it with a Virus TI, but if I had the chance, I'd still grab another one simply because no-one else seems to have one out here, so the sound is unique and different to other stuff out there. The layout of this synth has inspired me, and made it easier to make music for me which makes it a winner for me!