Novation SuperNova II Rack
Submitted: May 16th, 2003
by robinkle
This thing sound analogue. Can make it do other classic analogue synths. It has good effects. The delay is very programable and syncable. So is the other effects. Just click on the menu button next to the Effect knobs. Sounds great. The velocity can be adjusted via a knob on the panel. But the down side is that you can hear that it is a supernova on every patch. Many patches sounds more or less abit of the same. Unless you do drastic changes in the sound. I think the virus can sound more different because of the waveforms.
Have never experienced loss of data. But when I change patches with the knobs, I hear "zipp" sounds. Another thing is when I listen to the patches by pushing find button, and I change patch, you can still hear the previous patch untill it finnishes. Hapens every time with the LFO Madness patch
General Comments
I would not buy it again. I got this for 1000$, a super offer. I think I buy a KS RACK. But it was worth what I paid for it. I use a Roland XP-30 as a master keyboard, works fine. I have been playing for a year. I don't hate it. I love it. Very flexible and looks great too. I compared it with, Virus B/C, Nordlead 3, Waldorf Q, Waldorf XKT. But I got this for a very good prise. But I think it is on the same level as these other synths. I'm planing to get a Waldorf or Nordlead, just to get some variation of the sounds inn my music. Sorry if my English is bad. Please send me mail.