Nord Lead 2X
Submitted: July 14th, 2008
by abwdds
Wow...this synth excells here. Analog, techno, easy layers and splits...they're all here. No aftertouch (bummer), but velocity works well. Hey, all of the early analogs (Prophets, Oberheims, Moogs, etc.) didn't respond to either one.
Like all the Clavia stuff, it should prove ultra reliable. I have owned many Nord products, and have never had a single problem. I would definitely use without backup of any kind.
General Comments
If stolen, I would definitely try to replace, even though Jason at Armadillo tells me that they no longer import them into the US. I love this thing...it's simple...easy to use...dependable...ultra portable...and sounds great. My one and only complaint is that you have to step thru programs ONE AT A TIME...so I find that I have to program the sounds that I use together to allow me to get to them quickly. I wish that you could at least program favorite patches in a group. But I paid $999 for this brand new...and with the Nord soft case thrown in the deal free. IT JUST DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS...WHAT A STEAL THIS WAS.