Neo Instruments Mini Vent 2
Submitted: April 2nd, 2018
by knnr
It sounds good. Better than my EVH phaser and Boss CH-1 chorus for George Harrison and Eric Clapton style music. It sounds best through the clean channel of my Marshalls. Not much good through the distortion channel. I've never played a real Leslie so I can't compare it to that. There's all kinds of settings. However I can't hear much difference between any of the various  speeds. The factory preset seems to sound the best. The manual says you can open the back and make an adjustment to the "Input Gain Select". But I could not unscrew the screws. It's like they were welded shut. But I really don't care. I like how the slow/fast switch doesn't click. It's smooth and quiet. This is a big plus. There's a slight popping sound when it is tuned on or off. But that's my only complaint. With the A/B switch I believe it's like having two versions of this pedal.
I've had it for almost two years and it still works. I always use a surge protector when plugging it in. The effect's case is a strong metal. The switches seem reliable.
I thought about buying the $500 model. But the YouTube demos of the Mini Vent sounded better to my hears. I ordered the Mini Vent for guitar from Amazon. But I was sent the Mini Vent 2. No big deal.
General Comments
I wish it had come with a Boss effects style pedal box to protect if from dust etc.  I made one myself though.
I've been playing guitar for about forty years.