Musitronics/Mu-Tron Flanger
Submitted: April 15th, 2005
by Blake Hunter
This is the most beautifully organic swirl of a flange I have ever heard. I used to have an EHX electric mistress which sounded ok but this unit makes anything else I have ever heard sound like crap. Leaps and bounds better in tone (as it is with most mu-tron effects). I don't think the unit is noisy at all so if yours is, it's probably one of your amps/guitars etc or it needs to be calibrated. Anytime I buy a new mu-tron effect I send strait to Richard Lingenberg who has worked with Mike Beigel, the mu-tron designer. After getting them back from him they sound phenomenol!!! Running this with my echoplex, EHX hot tubes, clean, reverberated, and even with my mu-tron phasor at the same time....always sounds fantastic!! The ability to sweep the flange manually is also what makes this baby really stand out!!
very dependable and solidly built.
General Comments
I play pretty psychedelic music and use many different depths of field for my tone and this thing sunds great!! I never used aflange this much but now I use it as often as my echoplex and mu-tron phasor which are my 2 favorites!! This thing cost me a fortune, but there isn't another flanger I would trade this for and plus there weren't too many made so I'm paying for taht as well.....this pedal has pure versatility which is what I look for with a pedal. You can make this thing sound like and alien spaceship landing or very transparent and smooth, plus the ability to manually control the flange via foot pedal is really cool!