Musitronics/Mu-Tron C-200 Volume-Wah
Submitted: February 17th, 2007
by RD Scott-ZUoiP
I play in a Santana tribute band and a classic rock band. This wah IS SANTANA! It sort of fattens up the tone. The sound is unique and fantastic. Nothing else like it. The Morley is kind of close sounding, but still not as good. I use a PRS Santana III and a Schecter C1 Elite through a Mesa Boogie and an Ibanez Tube Screamer. When running the Tube Screamer, the PRS and the Mu-Tron it is Santana. People remark all the time about how I've got the sound down to a science. That's a great compliment. The sweep is a little long and the volume control is abrupt, but easy to learn and live with.
What can I say. After years of use/abuse, this puppy is still going strong. I had to replace the power cord a few years ago, but that was my fault (I accidently melted it). This thing is built to last, and last and last and last and last....... It's basically a tank without treads.
General Comments
I play Santana, SRV, Robben Ford, Steely Dan, Eric Sardinas, Warren Haynes, Allman Bros., Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck etc.. This wah/volume pedal is PERFECT. I've been playing longer than I want to admit. If lost/stolen I would try to find another but I've seen them go for $350 on Ebay lately. Bummer!