Musitronics/Mu-Tron C-200 Volume-Wah
Submitted: January 5th, 2006
by Jim Adrian
I've played everything from cheap copy guitars to Les Pauls, Stat's and Tele's typically through a Music Man amp and it sounds great. I did modify pretty early on (I thought I could fix anything) because the sweep was very abrupt at the end. I opened it up and determined the "V-Notch" for the photo-electric sensor (as desribed in an earlier review) ended with a small radius instead of a sharp V. I added a piece of electrical tape along the edge of the V and brought to a sharp V. This made the sweep much smoother and that's all that's ever been done.
Never had a problem with it. I bolted it to one end of my 3 1/2 foot long metal pedalboard (we're talking old) and used it as my "Handle" for carrying the pedalborad around. I'm guessing it weighed 40 to 50 lbs. so it has survived 20+ years with extreme abuse.
General Comments
I think this is a great pedal, I saved long and hard for this when I was still a kid. I still have it and I think it was a pretty good investment of money for a kid, probably couldn't buy one for that now...