Music Man RD-112 One Hundred
Submitted: October 2nd, 2003
by Anonymous Reviewer
FANTASTIC CLEAN IN THE SECOND CHANEL. i BLEWW THE FIRST AND SECOND EV IN 82 AND FINALLY PUT A VINTAGE THIRTY IN AND HOLY SHIT IT CHANGED EVERYTHING. IT WENT FROM A SLIGHTLY MUDDY AMP TO A BEAUTIFUL CHET ATKINS SOUNDING CLEAN. I USE A STRAT FROM 72 WITH GOLD LACE SENSORS AND IT RINGS LIKE A BELL. MY LP SOUNDS MUDDY. I USE TWO TUBE SCREAMERS SET AT TWO DIF SETTING FOR THE O.D. A DUNLAP WAH OLD BOSS CHORUS AND A PHASE 90 FOR ALL MY(YOU GUESSED IT) CLASSIC ROCK SOUNDS.lET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE AN ASSHOLE(LIKE MUSICIAN KNOW IT ALLS ALWAYS DO)I0 AM A PRO, I DO THIS FOR HALF OF MY INCOME AND ALL OF MY WEEKENDS,AND IT AINT GLAM. THIS SAID, THE 112RD IS THE BEST LITTLE AMP FOR THE MONEY IF YOU CAN FIND ONE. IT FILLS BARS AS WELL AS OUTSIDE SHOWS WELL, JUST GET A 57 TO MIKE IT AS NEEDED. WE ARE NOT A LOUD BAND BUT STILL FILL UP ALOT OF SPACE WITH SOUND AND THIE AMP DOES THE TRICK. YOU CAN CARY IT IN WITH YOUR GUITAR IN ONE HAND,AMP IN THE OTHER AND PEDLE BOARD OVER YOUR SHOULDER IN ONE TRIP AND PLAY 90% OF THE PLACES YOU BOOK! TIP:PUT CASTERS ON IT
I HAVE HAD THIS AMP FOR 23 YEARS AND DID NOT RE-TUBE IT FOR 17 YEARS! I'M A PLAYER NOT A TEC!!!! SO CHECK IT OUT..YOU DONT HAVE TO BIAS THE TUBES JUST PUT THEM IN,IT IS SELF BIASING,HOW SWEET IS THAT! I REPLACED THE EV 2X THE FIRST MONTH,IN 82,I HAVE HAD NO PROBLES AT ALL SINCE. I USE IT 150X A YEAR ON AVERAGE. HELL I USING IT TONIGHT. LEAVE IT IN MY CAR ALL YEAR AND PULL IT OUT AT THE JOB WITH CONFIDENCE.NEVER USE A BACK UP,PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE ONE HANDY JUST TO BE PROFESSIONAL BUT FUCK IT.IN OVER 2000 GIGS AND 23 YEARS NO PROBLEM WHO ELSE CAN SAY THAT FOR THEIR AMP.
General Comments
I AM 37 NOW AND HAVE HAD LOTS OF STUFF, WHO CARES! BEEN PLAYING OUT SINCE 15 STEADY SINCE 17 STARTED IN FIRST GRADE AND STILL SUCK!!!(BUT STILL GET PAID AND BOOKED HAHA)IF STOLEN I WOULD FIND ANOTHER FOR A STUPID LOW PRICE LIKE THE ONES LISTED PUT IN A VINTAGE 30 AND GET ON WITH LIFE, JUST HOPE THE AMP GETS USED BY THE BASTARD WHO STOLE IT. THAT ANP NOT BEING USED IS A TRUE CRIME. ALL IN ALL FOR THE SOUND RELIABILITY AND SIZE,THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST DEAL IN A PRO LEVEL AMP YOUR GOING TO FIND. I CANT BELIEVE OTHERS HAVE NOT MADE THIS A CULT AMP OR SOMETHING. OH YA ITS LOUD AS SHIT,YOU WOULDENT BELIEVE IT.