Music Man RD-112 One Hundred
Submitted: October 5th, 1999
by Anonymous Reviewer
The two amplifiers are very different sounding. They both have a deep and a bright switch, so they both have great basses/mids/highs. Both amps are very silent, there is no hiss what so ever. The one with the 6L6GC/Pyle has a much more mellow sensual feel to the sound, whereas the 6CA7/EV is more aggressive. I feed a 82 Tele 52 RI into a Digitech RP21D that I split out into the two amplifiers. With the Digitech, each stereo channel has it own EQ. I also use the Digitech for its reverb, its chorus, and I also have settings to add a little gain to the sound. I play blues/boogie, and most of the time I like a clean sound w/ attitude. I stay mostly in the mids, but if I add distortion, I'll add more treble. Sometimes I'll play in a mono set-up without the Digitech. In that case I'll use the 6L6GC/Pyle. To conclude, as I mentioned my previous submission, I have found my dream amp, and if you play blues/boogie, jazz, country, rock-a-billy, or rock & roll, definitely seek out this amp, and give it a try.
As a follow-up to the previous submission, I did repair the reverb. It was a loose wire. I also had to replace the LED in the footswitch of the 6L6GC/Pyle. But besides that it has remained in mint condition. I bought the 6CA7/EV in mint condition. I've heard that if well kept, the tubes will last for a real long time. Even though I've heard these amps can take a lot of abuse, I always very careful with my amps.
General Comments
Status Quo for this one. I have found the right amp for the music I play. A very subjective 10.