Music Man RD-112 One Hundred
Submitted: January 5th, 2004
by Mike MacDonald
I usually play a Fender USA stratocaster, finally an amp that will give birth to my lifeless strat. I love the strat, but it needs the right amp to make it shine, the the music man has a very clean and warm, full sound to it, i like to distort it slightly to give more bite. Because of the tube amp being made in the 80's, i assume that is why it is a little noisy,,but not that bad. ,I have to take the amp in for repair as the clean channel seems to distort at medium volumes, this I am sure is fixable, perhaps I will need a new speaker. If anyone has suggestions as to what may be wrong with it or hints on speaker selection, please notify me, I would greatly appreciate it.
like i said earlier,,,the amp is old, I had bought it with intentions for repair, I do not know what needs fixing, but I will have it repaired either way,,,it seems worth it.
General Comments
I have been playing for 13 years, acid jazz/blues. I have tried the new fender deville and delluxe, they sound ok, however lack the warmth and bass found in the music man. I was specifically looking for a tube amp, and I found a good one i'd say. I need to get the amp to be repaired and I cannot wait.