Moog Liberation
Submitted: August 14th, 2000
by Brock Walters
MOOG. If you like synthesizers, you'll love it. Plus, the knobs, the black color, shape & the fact you can STRAP IT ON are just so retro. It is extremely expressive to play, especially the left hand controls & force aftertouch which have already been well described.
Well, they are all old, & they all still work, don't they? They are relatively easy to fix in the hands of an experienced technician. They do need love & gentle care, but mine had gone through periods of abuse & disuse. It is a constant in the universe. :) You do need to use some kind of stress relief on the cable (I drilled a little hole in the body & screwed in a small pipe fitting through which I ran the cord) as the jack is a weak link in the design. Replacing the cable like mentioned above is a good idea.
General Comments
If it were lost or stolen, I would die. It is worth way more than what I paid, even at the time. I have been playing seriously for about 12 yrs. Lots of other gear... There is nothing I don't like about it, & there is NO comparison to anything else. I kind of wish it didn't draw so much pwr so you could make it wireless. That would be ideal.