Moog Liberation
Submitted: June 20th, 1999
by Justin Nickoloff
Aw damn, Now I hear a lot of liberation bashing and I really really can't see why! It sounds friggin' fantastic! Great bass sounds and killer leads. Remember, it's in all how you program it to sound. I find the force sensor to be an excellent feature, just press a little harder on the keys and you can control the modulation from there. The pitch ribbon is something else! You can try to tap like a guitar player and it sounds pretty cool. This instrument can work for any style of music, JUST TWEEK IT DAMMIT!
Well, my force sensor is a little broke, I think it happened when it was shipped. The thing, in a guitar like fashion is made outta WOOD! really nice! Craps right on an sh101 in this category. I certainly plan on gigging it. Well, isn't that what it's for? ;) Like any analog, just take care of it and it should be fine.
General Comments
Oh damn, I'd kill if it were stolen! This machine is very cool with a certain flavor all it's own, very new wave. And very addicting to play! And as for the weight factor, it ain't tooo bad, sorta like a bass guitar. It can make a huge range of sounds if you just use your imagination! You can even squeeze a 303 out of it if you're into that kinda thing. Of course it's old and analog, take a while to warm up and you gotta tune it, . Over all I gotta say if you ever have an opportunity to play it DO IT! you won't be dissapointed, really!