Moog CP-251 Mooger Fooger Control Processor
Submitted: June 27th, 2004
by Phil Joseph
I use this unit to link up my other MoogerFoogers in an amazing variety of ways to achieve all manner of classic Moogy sounds. I'm really suprised that no-one has written about the CP-251, because it is an absolutely indespensable addition to the MF range. The sound quality is pure Moog. What attracted me to this unit was its Sample and Hold circuit. Controlled by a very wide range LFO, which can be used seperately to add very distinctive rythmic changes to any CV gear, the SandH adds all manner of random control signals to my phaser and ring modulator. This has greatly expanded the possibilities to my other MoogerFoogers. Anyone out there ever come across a LAG Processor? Not I, but let me tell you, it does some amazingly weird effects.
The unit is built TO LAST - and handcrafted at that, what more can you ask for?
General Comments
I play electronic music of the old school 60's and 70's film music and avant-garde variety, using a Theremin and analogue synths. I'm often in pursuit of the spaceyist and most modernist of sounds, and this unit is the baby I've been dreaming of. I can turn the Theremin on, patch the S+H into the Ring Mods Frequency in, and it plays itself, leaving me free to concentrate on counter melodys or rythyms on the synth. I like to think that with the complete range of MoogerFoogers, I have exactly, the modern equivelant of the old Moog modular synths. So, don't be afraid - its abit obscure, but if you have the other Foogers, get this baby. It brings them alive!