Martin D16GT
Submitted: January 30th, 2018
by The Tyke
This is the best sounding Mahogany guitar I and all my guitar playing friends have ever played. It has a deep base clear mids and sparkling highs. it projects really well and has sustain that just goes on and on. It is a Martin and has that sound that only a Martin has.
The day I bought this guitar which was in 2009 It was set up by a Martin trained luthier and apart from changing strings SP 3050 Bronze 80/20 it has not needed any further attention.This guitar has been played and played and some. it is just starting to show some plectrum ware on the edge of the sound hole by the high E string. I change strings regularly and it stays in tune.
I paid £899 for this guitar in 2009 brand new which I consider a great price for such a fantastic guitar but there again it is a Martin they are now listed at £1625
General Comments
I have had a D28 a D28VS and still have a D35 but this Martin D16 is the one that has always been played the most there is just something special about this one.I have played it against a D18 of a friend of mine and it just sounds so much better.To me it is priceless and could never be replaced. Its just one of those special one offs.
I have been playing since 2001and regularly play and jam with friends.