Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker RI
Submitted: July 6th, 2018
by Guitarman58
The sound is vintage Bassman to my ears but with a touch of sparkle I use humbucker Gibson ES- 335 and a 79 Fender Anniversary Stratocaster . Straight in with no effects or no pedals.
I have found the reliability to be very good so far except I'm not fond of the newer style input jacks they use. I would have rather had switchcraft type you find on vintage Fender's.
I bought mine used and paid 1100.00 . its mint condition. All original.
General Comments
I have read a lot of forums on this RI Bluesbreaker were people mod the amp  with different output tranny's and power tranny's  and different speakers and all sorts of crazy. If you buy this amp thinking to can play high gain on it you are mistaken. Reason it is called a BLUESBREAKER is it is more on the side of OD gain not high gain. Best results is to buy it for what it was meant to do. Plug straight in and turn it up. Get natural break up that has a awesome top end and good bass end if the bass knob is kept around 3 -4 . If you want a high gain spend your money on a high gain made amp. This amp is about tone and natural breakup at low wattage and the perfect volume. It has fantastic tone and I don't miss it not having reverb at all. The beauty of this amp is the good natural breakup  and tone at a reasonable volume... It has a tremolo but I never use it except on one song. Creedance tune! : ) I guess I could play crimson and clover also. But don't. Use this amp like I mentioned and you will be thrilled and won't change a thing. Buy Fenders for reverb, JCM 800 for high gain and use this one for the blues thing.
I have played guitar since I was 6 years old ( 1966)