Korg MS2000R
Submitted: October 15th, 2005
by klingon
Ok now, this is the hard part. When I got my MS-2000R I expected it to be a monster-synth. Unfortunately I was wrong. This synth is boring to use (a synth is supposed to be fun to use!) and sounds thin, harsh and 'crap-digitalish' (you probably know what I'm talking about). Its filter stinks badly and the oscillators sounds almost like a poorly sampled waveform of a Casio toy synth. When you add distortion it sounds like you increase aliasing. Sure, it's capable of A FEW good sounds but overall I don't like this type of sound. Soft, mellow lovely Minimoogish basses and leads? Nope. After a few months of trying to convince myself "It does sound good, it does sound good", I finally gave up and realized I couldn't lie to myself. It just didn't sound good.
It's very reliable. Sturdy casing and stable software. No problems at all, I'd probably gig with it (if it sounded better!!!)
General Comments
I sold mine and if somebody would give me one for free I'd probably sell it right away to someone else. It may look like it is something good, but it's not. The sound is the most important part of a synth and even though the interface is promising, it's not improving the sound. Actually, I'm a Korg fan and I only have Korgs in my setup at the moment, but this synth is not in the same class as their other gear. I'm sorry Korg, but I have to be honest. You've done alot of other great synths, but this synth is not one of them.