Korg KP2 Kaoss Pad Digital Effect/Controller
Submitted: February 2nd, 2005
by M. Guezz
Some efects sound just about the same. Reverbs are useful, delays are good, filters are sweet, and the sample function is absolutely great. Not a great idea to use it as a direct fx unit, (if used on micīs causes exessive feedback). I had a lot of problems with feedback but recently started using it on the fx loop with a DI wich is much better. Some effects are very uneven, too loud or too soft.
Sometimes the thing locks itself into a position. This sucks. It hasnt died or anything, and I use it on my Experimental Rock band (hear some kaoss pad stuff in http://www.zelfishperez.com/mp3.html ) in smokey bars every weekend. Nothing has happened but Im a little afraid due to other comments on this site. I hope to get a backup because if it dies I really would not know what to do.
General Comments
Im a professional musician using different fx units for the past 10 years. I use the kaoss for vocals, and also use Yamaha synths, hammond and farfisa organs. If it dies id probably look for the new kaoss 2 (hopefully its better). I love the weird stuff you can get from it. I hat e the feedback problem. I hate the RCA outputs. I think a sturdier case would also help. Despite all, I love this machine, has earned me good money in the production studio, Its also great looking on stage. Love it.