Korg Electribe•R mkII
Submitted: November 18th, 2008
by Simon Kokkinn
Awesome! Still V/A, but unless ou're a real purist with very expensive taste, this thing is more than expressive enough! Its not going to give you any real sounding drums because it was not desiged to sound realistic. It was designed to be a drum synth, and it does that quite nicely. Listing that as a weakness is really pointless! You might as well mark it down for not being able to make a realistic guitar sound, Its a synth, not a sampler!
Haven't owned it for long enough to comment. I can say that the pots are not surface mounted and feel very flimsy. With my clumsy hands, its staying in the studio!
General Comments
It would be replaced! I've been making dance music for 4 years, I own a Virus B, Novation Supernova2, A Korg ER and EA. My bigger synths absolutely destroy the korg EA, but I use the sequencers of the korg EA to handle sequencing, while the ER is wired into Ableton as a drum sequencer for various vst's. The synth sections do add a different dimension to the big V/A's which is nice, but the sequencers are bloody magical! Great way to get hands on instead of mousing in stuff which I find makes me lose creative momentum. If you can pick one up for a bargain I'd say go for it! It has already surpassed my expectations. The ER an EA remind me of why I fell in love with synths to begin with, so even though I have larger synths, I find that they detract from the actual sequencing. I prefer to come up with stuff just using the ea, and then when the idea is down, plug in the bohemiths to get the synth sounds needed.