Korg Electribe•A mkII
Submitted: October 15th, 2005
by klingon
I would describe the sound as quite soft (maybe because of its filter), but if you turn the distortion on it's rather 303ish and with some cross mod it's very noisy (in a positive way, since the noises are really cool!). This machine is definately not created for classical music. This is an electronica/techno/electro/synthpop/trance/dance/you-name-the-electronic-genre machine. I use it in electropop/synthpop with a dance floor touch and it fits perfectly in the mix. If your genre is mentioned above you should at least try one of these little boxes.
I've only had it for a few days, but it seems very sturdy both in hardware and software. The metal casing not just looks cool, it's very strong too. I would definately use it in a gig situation without a backup. It seems more reliable than a PC. But still, I've only had it for a couple of days so I'm not 100% sure yet.
General Comments
I was very lucky to find this machine at a clearance sale for 1100 SEK (approx. 140 bucks). I'm a Korg fan and Korg hasn't dissapointed me this time either. This box is quite limited, but it sound very good and is the best of its kind for sure. I think it's supposed to be limited and I actually prefer it to be that way. Its simplicity is its strength.