Ibanez RG450AH
Submitted: July 7th, 2018
by Beloved70
Played everything over the last 30 years, everything! Wasn't expecting this to sound so good. Bought it for the neck shape but the sound is very versatile. Not the best but simply a good all rounder. It has a gorgeous shimmer, almost a chorus type sound played clean. On drive its great too. I am going to replace the pickups as I have outgrown these now. Overall, they are a bit generic sounding and lack prescence in the midrange with a softer bass than I like.  But as a base guitar for a new set, this guitar is very good. The ash body on these models rings beautifully and works a treat on clean sounds. Not the best guitar I have played for sound but I cannot put it down. Its just very practicle. I now play more and I've improved. So it must be good!
Excellent build, just make sure you keep it serviced and set up properly. Heard bad reviews on the vibrato unit, its the TRS version of the Floyd Lo Pro. Works okay for moderate use. Extreme use it starts to show its limites for tuning stability. Finish on the guitar is first class.
Got mine for £300. Can't find a guitar under £800 thats any better.
General Comments
Great guitar with plenty of charm and its in Fire Spark Blue with mirror guard. What's not to like.
Guitar jut for over 30 years.