Ibanez Artcore Guitar AF75
Submitted: November 2nd, 2017
by painterpeter
Came across the AF75 reviews while snooping around the Harmony site.I might add my ten cents....1. These instruments are best with an .11 set of strings.2. The fretboard can lip upward around 13th fret and onward... Creating a deadening sitaring of the sound.The quickest fix is a gradual fret filing (half height at last fret and increasing the thickness (less filing) as you move down the neck to fret 14.3. I found a crisp rockabilly sound by inserting a soundpost dowel directly beneath the middle of the bridge position.. This also reduced the feedback.4. I purchased a bone LPsized nut for a few bucks on eBay. This dropped in without any height problems...Just widen your string notches.5. The original dubious bridge had teeth. I replaced with a roller on saddle bridge for a few more bucks on eBay. 6. New springs on the pickup height adjusters (eBay).. Line the PU surrounds with self adhesive strips of furniture felt to keep the pickups from wobbling.7. I have the original tuning machines (I suspect they slip a bit) but not enough to worry about....Its now a delight to own... Its behaved itself for many years now.
Reliability is improvable
You might find a cheap one that an owner hates...To use as a fixer upper.
General Comments
Ditch the dodgy hardware, get busy doing a decent setup, throw on some D'Addario 11/49s and the AF75 can be a useful instrument.
'Been attached to various guitar brands for around 50 years.I'm not overly religious about any one brand.  Ive met awful instruments from name makers and fine instruments from unknown companies.