Harmonia Six String Fretless Bass
Submitted: September 20th, 2017
by TDNADavis
The sound is definitely jazzy. It is not loud unplugged and with amplification it is still on the low volume side. However, it is not harsh, more mellow in its overall tone. Even volume across the strings and the notes down the fingerboard approximate the distances of a fretted bass and are level down the length.
The construction is excellent, no flaws or scratches. It is fairly light. I just received it by mail order, but it looks like it should hold up. It has a stress rod and the tuning mechanisms are of good quality. I feel that this bass will last.
This is a lot of bass for the money: six strings, electric pickup, gig bag, wrench, and cord for $200.
General Comments
This bass is made in China, but that doesn't mean it's not good. It is fairly light, sits right in the lap or on the chest with a strap. It sounds good on a small amplifier or a church sound system. It is easy to play, with good string height. It looks great and the construction is flawless.
I play bass in a church Praise Band, have taken classical guitar lessons, and collect all types of guitars and other instruments. I have played for fifty years, never professionally. I play for fun.