Hammond XPK100 MIDI Pedal Board For XK-2
Submitted: June 23rd, 2003
by Chris-Rr1-4
I think for the past year I have been in disbelief that I own the keyboard..I saved up for a very long time...and I finally got it..When I plugged it in I did not care how it sounded....But as the days went on I became very critical of its sound..It had a very dry digital sound to it. It's a very realistic compared to a casio. Onboard effects are alright..again the overdrive is useless...but the reverb isnt too bad..there are four different modes of reverb of which you can set a level. The keyboard was very responsivve to my playing..the glisses and palm smears were just as easy as the mighty B3. Those lightning fast machine gun one note runs were great to do...bounce back was perfectly genuine. Velocity and aftertouch...pointless..though you can set the keyboard to have velocity sensitivity if you were to use it as a master to another midi keyboard. This keyboard is great for any type of band.
I have never had a problem with it...I have dropped it down stairs, mind you in my skb flight case..and turned it on and played away for the rest of the night..I have emailed hammond once before and they responded a few days later...nice people and very knowledgable.
General Comments
Overall value..I stick in the middle. I have since sold this keyboard to get Nord Electro 73..I advise you do the same.. I am not putting down Hammond at all...I was just expecting more.