Guild A25
Submitted: September 26th, 2017
by Csmd
Beautiful mid range tone. Pure Guild. Very articulate when fingerpicked. Great strummer too. Not a loud guitar but it was not intended to be although it holds its own very well jamming with the D28s
Hand rub finish marks up easily but who cares. Its all about the sound. Had some of the binding come loose after 15 years of steady use. Simple repair. The case that came with the guitar is bulletproof
This guitar sounds as good or better than any $4000 martin 00 i have tried.  A steal at less than 1000 new. Wouldnt sell mine for double that if anything.
General Comments
I bought this guitar new on a whim in 1996 purely because i liked the body style and it sounded great in the shop. I had no idea that they were a short production run and would become rare.  It is simply the best guitar purchase I have made in 25 years. I have bought ( and later sold) expensive martins and gibsons and a slew of other less "pricy" makes over the years but none of them sounded nearly as good as this guild A25.  I would never sell this little gem.  I had a quality pickup , bone nut and saddle professionally installed years ago. I also use silk and steel strings on her now -wow. Perfect tone. Mine is the hand rubbed finish and has lots of bumps and scratches. The sound has only continued to improve with age.If you can ever find one of these gems for sale buy it. You will not regret it.