Gamma Alpha Percision Bass
Submitted: February 26th, 2018
by FilTurd
This Gamma Alpha has the Gamma 1gen pup and the only way I can describe them is " thunderous " and punchy. Smooth and warm when when you want it smooth and warm. Just a great sound...
I purchased this beast I believe in 2013 and it's been used everyday, anywhere from 15 mins to 3 hours per use. On average probably an hour a day. It's used for live shows at least twice a month sometimes 4 to 5 times a week. The electronics are excellent, the hardware is good quality. I've not had any problems except when me and our guitarist collided while playing on a half pipe. The collision ended up breaking my headstock, but believe it or not it didn't crack all the way through. Never has it come out of tune and it's never had any pup noise. My Gamma Alpha is just overall a solid product.
I do not like to spend money on anything yet I read such good reviews about Joe and his Gamma basses that I was either going to spend $600 to $900 on a used Guild Pilot or try something in the same price range that would take me out of my P/J Guild comfort zone. Best decision I made. I like it as much as my Guild Pilot.
General Comments
This bass has been through the ringer and remains to sound and feel great. Since the mid 80's I've had only 5 basses that I've owned. The Gamma, like the Guild will remain in use for the duration.
Picked up the bass at age 14 after seeing James Rodriguez (China White) Bobby Title (Shattered Faith) and a kid that was the same age Steve McDonald (Redd Kross). Took lessons and have never put the 4 stringer down. I am now 50 yrs old and still doing the local scene and loving it..