FireBelly Amplifier Company VB3510
Submitted: May 27th, 2009
by John White
After about thirty hours, the Alnicos have broken in nicely. Please avoid reviewing any alnico amp before breaking in. They sound bigger than they are while being much more responsive. Sound quality is perfectly in line with the best vintage fenders. I love the optional mid and mid/boost controls to take the tone to my personal tastes. It took me a while to dial in My sound. But taking time do so has paid off. I use the master regularly as well when I thought I wouldn't. I've never used a master control before and was skeptical, but it sounds nice backed off a tad. Give's a subtle compression that blossoms under a boost or in conjunction with distortion pedals. Speaking of, I felt the need to redo the settings on my whole pedal board over the three weeks of breaking in the amp only to settle on a very similar configuration I had with my old amp. Go figure. I have begun to pick up other guitars I own, but have not played in a while. The amp really brings out the characteristics of each instrument. I you like your playing, great. If not, this amp will not hide anything.
It's brand new. Looks tight. What an I say? I've never used a back up amp.
General Comments
I've been playing for 20 years and have honed my tone nicely over the last 10 on electric. I'm very glad to have found Firebelly amps when I did. It was a nice experience having an instrument custom made for me and end result is very pleasing. I'm excited to play it every day and that, to me, is the benchmark for rating any instrument.