Fender BXR 100 115 Combo
Submitted: December 1st, 2005
by P.Parent
To my taste it does nothing right but rather treat your instrument in deadliest neutral way I have ever listened to. What I mean is that neither my RIC or my Americam Fretless Jazz Bass will shine or be able to show their "personalities" with the BXR. EQ lacks caracter, bottom is muddy and higher frequencies are plain lifeless. Maybe a horn would have help here. No extension speaker jack, so you're stuck with that no caracter 15" Eminence speaker which driven by the dullest amp section you can imagine. Won't cut through when playing with a confident drummer. Raising volume and master volume only amplifies and accentuate the bad sides of this amp.
No complaint here. This amp has been in the cold, in the snow, in high humidity and ultra dry places but it has never let down. The most dependable amp I ever owned.
General Comments
Well all I can say here is that find this amp useless for serious gigs and to bulky,heavy for reheasing. Tone wise I would never by another one. Reliablity wise, I sincerely hope my new Ampeg rig will be as trouble-free as that BXR has been so far.