Evidence Audio Lyric HG Instrument Cable
Submitted: July 30th, 2005
by psychovox
OK, This category is the reason I'm even bothering to submit a review. Why on earth would someone bother to write about a freakin' cable? You plug it in and it works Right? Well, let me tell you a litle story. I had a bunch of High end cables hanging around my studio, when one of my favorite guitarists showed up one day with Evidence cables and was telling me how great they were. I pretty much ignored him thinking that all good cables pretty much sound alike, but during the session cables were being swapped left and right at random, and by accident a drummer (naturally) plugged in the LYRIC cable on his electronic drum kit on one channel and a top of the line MONSTER on the other channel. At first we all thought the balance was messed up, but when we switched the cables, low and behold, the Lyric was significantly louder than the Monster. A fluke? maybe a bad cable from monster? Not on your life. We tried all the different monster cables, and the Lyric sounded so much better. Not just for electronic drums, but Bass and Keyboard! Holy cow what a revelation! I then tried some Planet Waves, Whirlwind, Pro co, and others. All were about the same result as the Monster. THIS CABLE SOUNDS BETTER ON EVERYTHING.
I really can't comment, but so far no problems. It's a solid core wire, which would seem like it might be more likely to break, but That is a totally ignorant guess.
General Comments
I said it all in the sound section