ernie ball 2002 Earthwood 80/20 Bronze Medium Acoustic Strings
Submitted: September 15th, 2007
by Mike-iqhuK
Sound is awsome with roundwound strings, bought a set of the Earnie Ball strings and did not like them. Bass plays great, stays in tune and has never needed anything in the fifteen years I have owned it. There are many acoustic basses out there now that sound good but nothing compares to that Earthwood. Before me the basses owner was the bass player from The Bad Livers out of Texas. Very rarely do I play with an amp, that bass is difficult to amplify and get a good tone across the board without feedback problems. I searched for mine for ten years too and have not seen one for sale since. The bass is rare but still don't seem to go up in value, that dosen't matter though I plan on keeping it until I die.
General Comments
I have played bass and classical guitar for about 27 years. In desperation I bought a Gibson B40 acoustic bass, if that one sounded and played as good as it looked then I might of held on to it. I have a Kramer Ferrington acoustic bass that everybody hates but I think it is the best thing next to my Earthwood and it actually gets played alot more by me. If I lost my Earthwood then the search would be on again, actually I am always on the lookout for another one.