Electro-Harmonix Nano Switchblade Channel Selector Footswitch
Submitted: December 11th, 2008
by TR Roadkill
I bought the unit based on the reviews on this site. I guess I got a 'monday morning' model. I wanted to use it to mute my guitar while tuning, so, I plugged my guitar in the Y connector, connected the A to my amps input and B to my tuners input. Selected A and got sound from my amp, but, I also could tune my guitar. That's strange. So I selected B, connected to the tuner, no sound (at least, that is what I thought at first, since my amp was turned way way down) It made me curious about the first option, selecting A for the amp and still my tuner working, so to check things out, I disconnected the tuner, selected B and turned the volume of the amp up a bit, to say, 'practice @home level', on the clean channel there is the faintest hint of sound, on drive channels(crunch or high gain), my playing was clearly audible. Of course not sounding as crunch or high gain, but more like an overdriven clean channel with no highs. Then I turned the volume up to stage level/practice with the band level, same thing, only now the clean channel was also clearly audible... (and the drive channels even more) So, there is a lot of bleed through on my unit. This means for sound quality it is getting an absolute 1, because it doesn't do what it is supposed to, and that is, mute the unselected channel.... It's going back to the shop asap.
You can break anything if you put your heart into it, but, using this unit normal, or even kicking it around a stage, wouldn't hurt it. Of course I haven't had it for more then a day.
General Comments
Since the unit I got doesn't do what it is supposed to, overall it's going down...