Electro-Harmonix Nano Switchblade Channel Selector Footswitch
Submitted: October 26th, 2009
by Peter Varkonyi
I use it at the front end of my pedalboard to switch between guitars during gigs, ie. upside down ;). Works well, keeps my signal intact and is noiseless. There's a very weak bleedthrough between the two channels, though. This is of no concern to me, as I have a habit of turning the volume down on the guitar I'm not using, but some may be annoyed. No LED, but that's not a huge issue (only 2 signal paths to toggle) and saves the need for power.
I have the Nano reissue, which has a sturdy looking die-cast housing. I'm slightly worried about the plastic jack sockets, though.
General Comments
I play in a bar band with a repertoire of 30 odd covers and a couple of originals. As we cover a wide array of styles, being able to switch guitars without a hastle between songs is a great plus for me. Also very useful is I break a string: I can piick up the spare axe in no time. The Switchblade works well for me without compromising my tone. The thing isn't expensive, so if it ever breaks or gets stolen, I'll just buy another one.