DR Black Beauties
Submitted: January 30th, 2018
by MurkyWaters
Sound quality is very poor. I purchased a new 2017 Custom Taylor 414ce, it came stock with Nano Elixir lights. I installed the DR Black Beauties after playing the guitar for about 3 months. The BB's are the first string change. The BB's literally sucked all the good out of the tone. They sound brittle and thin. The feel is hard to describe, dry and sandpaperish? The black coating started to flake  and come off immediately as I was installing.  The Black Beauties are the worst string (all around) I have ever used.
Unknown because I removed them quick!
There is no value to these strings. I wouldn't use them if they were free! Oh wait, they are black and look cool!
General Comments
I have used a variety of acoustic strings. Elixir, John Pearse, Martin and other DR strings, Rare and Dragon Skins. I wanted to point out that other DR strings have been good, I really like the Rare and the Dragon Skins are good as well. I really don't write reviews but the strangeness of the BB's motivated me to give my opinion.
I am a dedicated hobbyist for many years. I play acoustic and electric. Guitars I currently own are a 2017 Custom Taylor 414ce, 2008 Fender USA Stratocaster Deluxe and a 1976 Alvarez 5046.