Dobro Hound Dog Resophonic Guitar
Submitted: April 8th, 2006
by Tony Mac_1
It's a fun guitar. Great price for an American made guitar...It's fun to flat pick, and fun to finger pick. I got the round neck, because my slide playing is...well...crappy. I wouldnt bother with an amp...I generally like fishman pickups...but this one it awful...and seeing the other reviews...made me feel better...because I was beginning to think that it was just my guitar. I use it for all kinds of music, folk, blues, jazz...whatever I want to play...It has a nice woody and growly tone.
As a laminated guitar...this thing will take whatever you dish out...it is well maide...the finish...I dont know. Its a very thin satin...and it'll probably wear with lots of playing...but that shouldnt impact playability. If you're playing acoustic guitar...you need a back up...unless you can change a broken string like the wind...or you're a whiz at going to alternate tunings on the fly.
General Comments
I've been playing for over 20-years...I have lots of guitars..and basses. I bought this guitar...because it was made in America...and a round neck resonator for under $1,000. (I think the 2006 price is over $1,000). I love it for the above...and the only thing I hate is the pickup. I compared it to cheaper (made overseas) resonators (Johnson, Fender)...and I liked this one much better.