Cort SJ-7X
Submitted: April 17th, 2009
by timewarpbandman
Unplugged, rich full sound with defined single string notes=no mush. Plugged in with some Fishman tweaking and neutral amp settings, you can get anything you want except heavy metal and music obviously made for a solid body electric. It is quiet. Seems best suited for rock, country and bluegrass. Likes are its stunning quilted maple sides, back and headstock, coupled with its beautiful sound. No dislikes.
It seems light in weight compared to my other two acoustics, but that is probably the type of wood. It is sturdy and all the hardware is tight, with no buzzing. Finish, strap buttons, etc. seem solid. I have played this for extended periods for several bluegrass, blues sessions and it is a class instrument.
General Comments
Been playing since mid 1960's and have paid my dues. I have had and gotten rid of a lot of stuff and reverted back to simplicity and durability. I know that one does not have to spend a lot of money to get a big name brand. Own three electrics and three acoustics,with this being my newest addition to a Guild and Yamaha. When compared to the Guild, it is bright sounding, but has that well defined sound. When compared to my Yamaha, it is not as heavy and has a brighter sound. I really like the onboard tuner.