Clavia Nord Electro 3 73
Submitted: December 27th, 2009
by abwdds
The instruments that this emulates are SPOT ON !! I recently had mine on top of my Hammond A-100/Leslie 147...and running my Electro 3 thru the board, it sounded BETTER than my Hammond/Leslie combo. I was totally shocked and blown away. It also does killer pianos, EP's, Clavs, and sampled stuff, like the Mellotron library stuff. I love the action...it is definitely up to the sounds. I use it at church as well as with my bebop jazz combo, and it totally kicks butt.
So far, all of my Nord equipment has been totally flawless and dependable. None of it have ever given me any reason whatsoever to question their gig-worthiness.
General Comments
A 20 lb. B-3...with pianos, EP's, Clavs, and Mellotrons....if stolen, I would hunt the thief down like the dog that they are, and pummel them murcilessly until they gave it back. Clavia stuff costs more initially, but is easily worth it in that they are the best at what they do (I own a lot of keyboard gear, but the best Hammond clones in the world, BAR NONE, are from Clavia. The perfect clavs and ep's are a bonus in my mind). In fact, I would probably have bought the Electro 3 for only the organ...it's that good.