CB Basses Ball Bass
Submitted: March 24th, 2007
by Marshall-lgqOq
Really nice fretless tone, the Nordstrand DC pickup sounds great. Can't give a number here - the better I get, the better it sounds.
Everything seems in order after 3 months. Appears extremely dependable and solid. Truss rod hasn't needed adjustment. I would never play a gig without a backup instrument. Can't give a number here - maybe ask again in ten years.
General Comments
Been playing bass guitar for 15 years. I have owned several high end custom bass guitars, and nobody has anything on Cliff. The craftsmanship is top notch, the wood selection is out of this world, and the setup is fantastic. Although I had never seen a CB bass in person before purchasing this instrument, it really didn't matter. Each customer gives such high praise (as I am doing), that you know he'll get it done right. I would strongly recommend a CB bass for those interested in custom basses. Not only will you get the bass guitar of your dreams, it will be done in a timely fashion by somebody who is easy to reach. In a crowded field of young, up and coming luthiers, Cliff stands out as one of the best.