C Fouke FoukeRite
Submitted: October 16th, 2000
by Lenny-38oNs
I play mostly play blues and hard rock, and this guitar is perfect. However, it can do much more. I'd be curious to see how different pickup combinations sound in these Industrials, single coils, taps etc. I chose the pickups I did because of the music I play, and they sound great in this guitar! I was concerned that the guitar would feedback due to the construction (mostly hollow) but it has less feedback than my Les Paul Custom (which weighs a ton!) I am running this guitar through a variety of amps, depending on the music...mainly a Marshall JCM800, a 75 Fender Twin Reverb lining out through 2 leslie rotating speakers, and a 64 Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb. It sounds great through them all. This guitar begs for the Marshall though. Sustain up the wazoo!
This guitar is extreamly durable....it's Metal! You could throw it off a bridge, and it would still play! This is a fantastically made work of art, and beautiful to look at! The hardware seems like it will last (although I may replace the tuners at some point) the finish will never fade, and unless you take a blowtorch to it I can't imagine you could harm this beast. The strap buttons are mounted solidly, and the Bigsby and bridge are top shelf. You can definately depend on this guitar...it should last forever. It's my most solidly built guitar, and I own Gibsons, Fenders, Mosrites, Jacksons, Ibanez's you name it.
General Comments
I've been playing for over 20 years, and have played and owned just about everything. This ia a totally unique looking and sounding guitar. This guitar sounds absolutely HUGE, is very LOUD and sustains beautifully. It also sounds great unplugged due to it being hollow....and my next Industrial will have soundholes. What I love most is the tone and the look.....this guitar impresses on both counts. If it were stolen, I'd have Chris build me another, I love it. I also plan on having more Industrials in the stable in the future. Great guitar!