C Fouke Direwolf Custom
Submitted: April 29th, 2004
by chrvans
This guitar has a very clean tone to it. I specifically wanted to find a more modern sound (vs. my gibson es-150) and this has it all. I chose to go w/harmonic design's z-90 pickups w/produce a warm/rich tones. Since the body and neck are both aluminum, it has a nice transparent (not woody) sound. Not bright or harsh at all. I play the guitar through 2 class-a tube amps (www.redironamps.com). I've found this guitar actually assists in "quieting" the amps, by reducing any hum or buzz. It's the best sounding electric i've played to date.
The guitar came w/a gig bag which normally I shy away from. However, this axe is so solid i'm not sure anything could really damage it. Chris did a great job keep the electronics and hardware very simple that they're should never be any issues.
General Comments
Overall: the best. I stumbled on Chris' site while searching for old Travis Bean guitars. He offers so many possibilities that it becomes a real journey in "building" the guitar. He's very focused on customer questions and concerns as he responds within hours of an email.