C Fouke Custom Acoustic/Electric Lap Steel
Submitted: January 19th, 2004
by Andre Nizzari
It suits my music stlye it fine. It's a lap steel with a lot of power it will sing, cry and growl. Which is what I need when playing the blues/ with a funk edge. I currently am using a 65'reissue twin reverb, and also a blues jr. guitar is very quiet. I think that has a lot to do with the metal body construction. Rich very nice full sound the 24.75" scale gives it a nice deep sound as my bassist said, "very powerful" bright enough, thanks to the fender amps! My other 3 lap steels are all single coil so this one defintly has a sound of it's own. Also, acousticly, it sounds like a dobro! Very nice to sit out on the porch with and have a sing along. It sounds like a totally different monster unplugged. Two guitars for one!
Very strong and durable, built like a tank. This the only lap steel i'm bringing with me to perform from now on. Hardware is top quality It's raw alluminum it will last for ever! strap buttons are soild used dunlop strap locks so I could stand up and really get down! This is a steel guitar that you can really depend on. The weather or temperature can't hurt it because it's metal and a very srong composite body. I will definitly use this lap steel with out a backup.
General Comments
I've been playing guitar for 14 years. I also own a 1938 model 59 Rickenbacher lap steel, early 50's fender champion steel guitar. This steel guitar sounds better then both. Well I still love my Rich 59 another metal lap steel! If it was lost or stolen, I would go crazy! I would have to get another one. I love this guitar because of the sound, looks, and duralbility. It its defintly a looker! The guitar was custom made with my specs I really appreiciate the longer scale that was chosen because I play in open A, low to high E,A,E,A,C#,E so my low E dosen't feel like a rubber band. Also, this guitar is handmade with a lot of tender lovin' care. You cannot get this type of quality for the price. A well worth instrument to play for the rest of your life.