Boss TU-15 Chromatic Tuner with Accu-Pitch
Submitted: December 11th, 2004
by Anonymous Reviewer
I notice no sound degradation going through the unit and into my amps.
Due to the needle-type meter, these units are typically more fragile than units of the LED or digital meter type, but needle meters give a more accurate reading by design. I feel this tuner is as reliable as any of its type for build quality. I've only had it a day so far though. I would never use a meter-type tuner in a pedal board.
General Comments
LIKES: -The smooth and accurate tuning response is MUCH better than the TU-8, TU-70, and TU-12 models I currently own. Setting intonation is a breeze. The only tuner more accurate may be the Peterson. -The top of the display is angled to allow easier viewing from a desktop than many Boss models in the past. -Has two rubber "feet" on the bottom to help prevent slipping (the lack of which annoys me with other tuners). -The display is very clear and readable. -The backlit display is brilliant! -The ability to check and adjust the calibration (hold down the Pitch button while turning the unit on). -The audio report when correct pitch has been reached. -Open tunings, bass, guitar- you name it, this thing can tune it. -The ability to tune via open air, by using the audio output tones, or by plugging in to the unit. -True bypass. DISLIKES: -No case provided like there is with other models in this price range. A plastic felt-lined slip case would at least keep dust and scratches off. That could only cost another dollar or two to manufacture.