Boss TU-12H High-Range Chromatic Tuner
Submitted: March 18th, 2007
by loadeddreams
The Tu-12H does a significant amount of tone change to your signal. If I'm using it for guitar, I run it out of a Tuner Out of my signal switcher, so it's not in the chain while performing.
I'm submitting this review because I've been through several of them in three years. I'm make my living off of recording, performing, touring, and record engineering. All my guitarist and bassist friends have had no problems with the Tu-2 pedal, but being a string player, I need to use a tuner with a build-in mic. The same things have happened with each one. The input jack constantly needs adjusting to get it to track. If I'm playing violin and using the tuner for pitch checking during recording, sometimes it won't read and I have to tap it with my bow to show pitch. The battery power connector stops working after a while, and the face plate start falling off. On one tour, the TSA peeps didn't do a good job packing my pedalboard after inspection, and when I opened it up, all my pedals were moved around, but only the TU-12H was damaged.
General Comments
I am considering getting a Peterson tuner (the one with the built-in mic), though they some unwieldy looking.