Boss TU-12 Tuner
Submitted: December 11th, 2005
by TheBluBoy
I have used the TU-12 in and out of my effects loop and NEVER experiences any buzzing. I would not include the tuner in my line to the amp if I was recording, but live.....no discernable degradtion of signal.
I own two of these tuners and in over twenty years of treating them with little care they have never failed me.
General Comments
I have a preferance for the needle display rather than a LCD. I think you end up with a better tuning because the needle sweeps across the dial in a continous fashion rather than by increments like LCD do. I wish the dial was a little larger as it is hard to read from a distance, like if you are standing while it is on the floor ( Maybe it's just my bad eyes). Oh, there is one huge negative ( and it is the only one) and that is the switch. I have, many times, had to replace the battery because the tuner has turned itself on in my guitar case. The switch is a little too prone so consequently it can be knocked to on. If you know this, you can take action for it not to happen.