Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-880 Rhythm Machine
Submitted: November 12th, 2007
by vai777
I will be sincere. I put 1 in this rating. I bought the DR880 to get a drum machine. I am not interested in the bass sounds, or the input and the effects on the guitar. So, I will talk about the sounds. All sound absolutely dead, lifeless, without shine. The trebles are strident. The snare sound very dark compared to the cymbals. The sounds are multi-layer, but not as they should be. You load a patch and there are two snare. Well, they have the same layer (sound) for the lowest sound. They have only 3 samples in total (when more). So with only 3 layers and layers remain the same for some different instruments it has made a real patchwork. In truth, if you are looking for a drum machine for practice and fun, regardless of the sound quality, go for the DR-880. If you are looking for quality audio recordings or use in the studio, never buy this DR-880. I just bought mine and I now return it. I have a Roland R-8 and I bought this RD-880 because I thought that would like new sounds better, higher quality. The R-8 outweighs all these RD-800 and can be found by 150 euros, or even cheaper. Really and without doubt, listen, the R-8 is 1000 times better than these DR-880. The DR-880 sounds so bad that I thought it was defective, but apparently works perfectly, and it sounds so bad. This is the worst thing that I have heard from Boss. Please gentlemen of Roland, re-manufacture the R-8 and stop sell garbage.
Only if you want a toy to practice, buy it. If you look for a good Drum Machine with a decent quality, buy the R-8, or Alesis SR16 or other.
General Comments
A good toy for practice. The worst in the studio.