Boss DR-670 Dr. Rhythm Drum Machine
Submitted: December 20th, 2008
by musikonalda
All the sounds are there, you just have to dig in the different kits to find them. As I said earlier I found all the sounds I needed to construct a virtual version of my two favorite drum machines, the dr-55 and cr-78. All the sounds respond well to velocity if you don't pound on the pads. If you do play hard you'll have too set lower levels when building your kits. There are no effects but I like that anyway because I prefer to add them later. I think this machine could work in just about every setting.
Reliability seems ok. I'm going to be gigging with mine down the road.
General Comments
I would try and find another if it were lost/stolen. I've been playing for around 30 years. I currently own a Nord Stage Compact, an accordion, a little yamaha psr270 (which I just use for porch jamming/writing), and for sound I go out both from a mixer and a vox amp. Like others have said I also wished it had a backlight, and a dedicated button for muting the bass sounds. But yes it definitely helps in my music making. I love how all the old analog machine (it'll do the jobe there until I come across a cr-78) sounds are there along with the acoustic ones.